As I was reflecting on the year gone by I realized I wanted to put all my favorite bits of Good News in one place. These are not in any particular order, somewhat diverse and hopefully interesting. These are the things I want to talk about and carry positively through the darkness of winter.
1. International Climate Agreement in Paris, December 2015. The world really needs to stick together on this - 'tis truly a global issue.
2. Same Sex Marriage is Legalized by the Supreme Court of the United States. We are closer than ever to equal rights, though we have a lot of work to do to assure justice and peace in our country.
3. Mismatched Socks is declared the Most Logical Fashion Trend Ever in All of HUMAN HISTORY.
*This is my own headline: not real news, but really good.
4. Link between cancer treatment and the immune system is mysterious and absolutely exciting.
5. A meeting will take however long you give it - for better or worse. It's known as Parkinson's Law and I wonder how many other "systems" follow this type of pattern... chores for instance... making dinner... homework... sleep?
6. Policewoman decides not to arrest woman for stealing groceries. Instead...
This is actually an older article, but I'm sure there are lots of good people who did good things like this in all sorts of situations last year. I'm looking forward to reading more of them this coming year.
7. Rebellions take many forms.
I loved interview with Parker Palmer and Courtney Martin regarding rebellion and personal purpose.
8. New antibiotics being developed from soil bacteria that might treat the most antibiotic-resistant of our modern infections.
9. Imogen Heap is a musician from England and is just a freaking genius. She is experimental, made a robot glove that works as an instrument, and might just change the way music is monetized and musicians are compensated with her ability to write code.